David Gilliam simultaneously worked several jobs to support his family in order to fulfill his dream of becoming a firefighter and EMT. He was one state test away from getting his instructor coordinator license when he suddenly died. As a result of h... (more)er husband’s autopsy, Maryann learned that the basement of her family’s home was contaminated with dangerous levels of toxic spores. Her doctor advised the mother and her six children to vacate the house for health reasons. The community has rallied around the Gilliams; since David’s death, the family have lived with several family members, neighbors and friends. Currently they are living with Maryann’s sister.